Closed ATM View - 2000008090
Development of a suite of environmental-economic ocean accounts for the Geographe Bay Commonwealth Marine Park
Show close time for other time zones
The Department of the Environment and Energy (the Department) requires the development of a suite of environmental-economic ecosystem ocean accounts (ocean accounts) to inform the ongoing management of the Geographe Bay Commonwealth Marine Park (the Marine Park) in Western Australia. Specifically, these ocean accounts, through the provision of a series of account tables, may describe the extent of key natural assets, the condition of those assets, the extent of key ecosystem services or flow of services, and the economic value of key ecosystem services and/or assets.
As a minimum the Department requires a series of ocean accounts relevant to the seagrass meadows of the Marine Park and the associated carbon sequestration and carbon storage services they may provide. Additionally, the Department is interested in nursery services that may benefit the fish stock used by both commercial and recreational fishers, and the tourism-based economic benefits generated by the Marine Park. The ocean accounts should be developed in accordance with the System of Environmental-Economic Accounting (SEEA) frameworks.
Key deliverables include:
• Delivery of a project plan and project management services
• Facilitation of meetings and workshops as required
• Delivery of a data assessment
• Delivery of a methodologies report
• Delivery of raw, intermediate and ‘account ready’ data
• Delivery of the series of account tables and descriptions
• Delivery of a final report
• Presentation to the department and other stakeholders
There are no mandatory conditions for participation
January to September 2020, with the majority of services to be delivery by June 2020.