Closed ATM View - 222-P04
Project 222 - Vanuatu Infrastructure Works (Construct Only)
Show close time for other time zones
In October 2018, the Australian Government committed to deliver infrastructure upgrades for the benefit of the Vanuatu Police Force and Vanuatu Mobile Force (VPF/VMF) as Project 222, Vanuatu Infrastruture Works.
The Project will be managed by the Army's Project Management Unit, 19th Chief Engineer Works (19 CE Works) who have the role of Project Manager / Contract Administrator for the duration of the Project. 19 CE Works and the successful contractor will work in conjunction with the Client (International Policy Division) and User (VPF/VMF).
A summary of the scope of works is as follows:
Works Package 1 - Cook Barracks (Port Vila, Efate):
- Demolishing various existing buildings
- Constructing the following new facilities
- 2 x double storey soldier living-in accommodation facilities
- magazine facility
- officers mess
- soldiers mess and kitchen
- medical facility
- vehicle workshop
- vehicle shelter
- secure hardstand
- engineers workshop
- boat shed
- training facility
- band house
- obstacle course
- 12 x married quarters
- Relocating the base entrance including construction of a new guard house
- Refurbishing 6 x existing married quarters
- Refurbishing the fire station including construction of a new appliance bay
- Generally refurbishing a number of other buildings
- Undertaking below ground services upgrades including electrical and wastewater treatment
- Undertaking a road network upgrade
- Undertaking ICT upgrades
- Providing temporary facilities for VMF use during construction
Works Package 2 - Tiroas Barracks (Luganville, Espuiritu Santo):
- Constructing a new magazine facility
- Constructing a new armoury
- Constructing a new medical facility
Concept site plans for cook and Tiroas Barracks are attached as an information document. These may be revised during the ATM process and cannot be relied upon.
Commencement of Works Package 1 is expected in mid-2020. It is intended that Works Package 2 is delivered concurrently, with mobilisation to Luganville shortly after commencement at Port Vila.
An Industry Briefing will be conducted at 10:00 am (local), 10 October 2019 in Port Vila, Vanuatu. Following the Industry Briefing presentation, a site visit to Cook Barracks will be conducted that afternoon.
Applicants are to notify and register their attendance to the Industry Briefing to the Tender Administrator. Further information regarding the Industry Briefing is set out in the notice published on AusTender. Applicants should refer to Clause 16 of the Invitation to Register Interest document.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Black Economy Procurement Connected Policy as described in Clause 22 of the invitation to Register Interest document.
Notification of Shortlisted Applicants (Stage 1 completion) is anticipated to be early December 2019.
Request for Tender release (Stage 2 commencement) is anticipated to be late February 2020.
The Award Date (Stage 2 completion) is anticipated to be mid-May 2020.
Delivery of the works is anticipated to occur over the period June 2020 - April 2022 (approximate only).