Current ATM View - DFR/RSC/2022/02
Industry Engagement (IE) Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) – Recruiting Services Contract (RSC)
Show close time for other time zones
Defence Force Recruiting (DFR) Branch delivers recruiting services to the Department of Defence under a recruiting services contract under which the current recruiting services contractor (Current RSC Contractor) acts as a prime contractor with responsibility for delivering the following services:
• recruiting operations, including candidate relationship management, the conduct of all candidate assessment activities and management of national officer selection boards;
• all medical and psychological testing and assessments; and
• marketing services, including the provision of marketing and promotions staff responsible for the planning and management of all marketing and promotional activities.
In support of recruiting, the Current RSC Contractor also delivers:
• governance, management and integration of all of the different aspects of the recruiting services;
• information communication technology, including the provision, maintenance and support of the Defence Force Recruiting Network; and
• leasing and management of all DFR facilities, including the 16 Defence Force Recruiting Centres (DFRCs), the Candidate Relationship Management Centre (CRMC) in Melbourne and the Headquarters DFR facility in Canberra, and all DFR vehicles.
The services are delivered through an integrated service delivery model which includes representatives from each of the ADF Services (Army, Navy, Air Force), APS staff and RSC Contractor contracted staff, as well as other contractors which provide enabling services to the core recruiting capability. The number of participants and stakeholders involved in delivering Defence Force recruiting services contributes to the complexity of the arrangement from a management and resourcing perspective.
The Project is in the planning phase of a possible procurement in relation to new recruiting services and is now conducting the first phase of industry engagement to obtain feedback from Respondents in relation to:
• industry perspectives on how delivery of the objectives of the Project could be best achieved particularly given the breadth of activities which could be included under the potential scope of services;
• how industry would respond to elements of, or to the entirety of, the potential scope of services and its views on the appropriate allocation of scope and responsibility in order to achieve the objectives of DFR and the Project; and
• industry perspectives on related commercial, contracting and technical aspects of the potential scope of the services under a new recruiting services contract.
An industry briefing will be conducted at the Ngunnawal Theatrette, Russell Offices Building R1, Russell ACT 2600, commencing at 0930 on Thursday, 14 November 2019. Nominations to attend the briefing are to be forwarded in writing to the Contact Officer by 1600 on Wednesday 13 November 2019. Registration of attendees will also be open from 0900 on the day.
Representatives of prospective respondents at the briefing will be limited to two (2) personnel.