The AusTender Helpdesk is receiving a high number of enquiries
Continuous system monitoring is ongoing to ensure no performance issues or outages
For assistance please direct queries via e-mail to email@example.com
Closed ATM View - PROC-9176074
National Variety Trials Program 2020-2024
Show close time for other time zones
The National Variety Trials (NVT) program was established in 2005 by GRDC to assist Australian growers’ variety selections by providing a national program of comparative crop variety testing with standardised trial management, data generation, collection and dissemination. The need for NVT was driven by the need for growers to access independent, robust and relevant evaluation information to assist in choosing varieties most suited to their environment. The largest co-ordinated field trial network of its kind in the world, NVT is a 100% GRDC investment.
GRDC contracts service providers to independently manage NVT field trials and the data collected is analysed and subsequently extended to growers through the NVT online website, state sowing guides and various other communication/extension activities.
The NVT program is structured such that GRDC retains ownership of all data generated, thereby ensuring the independence of the information, and freedom to operate.
The following key principles are integral to the smooth running of the NVT project:
- Ensuring all investment activities align with the GRDC's purpose and operating policies.
- Maintaining independence from breeding company activities and results.
- Remaining focused on variety ranking and performance.
- Using robust statistics to improve variety performance rankings.
- Ensuring NVT activities are undertaken in accordance with the NVT protocols and all datasets are stored in the NVT database.
During the next stage of the NVT program serveral key changes will be implemented. Including but not limited to:
- Quality testing of replicated samples instead of composite samples.
- Additional requirements in preparation of samples for quality testing.
- Implementation of required standards for labs undertaking quality testing.
- Expanded scope of NVT to include Ancillary Research Services outlined in Module B of the "Annex to Conditions of Tender".
For full details on the ATM and any associated attachments as well as information on any Questions and Answers relating to the ATM, visit https://grdc.com.au/research/applying-and-reporting/current-procurement/open-tenders
Applying for GRDC investements is done using the GRDC Grains Investment Portal. Once registered, users can visit the Portal anytime.
To register as a user, please visit https//access.grdc.com.au/
Click on the register button at the top right-hand side.
Complete the Registration Form. Fill in all the fields: your email address, a password and captcha. Your password must be alphanumeric with at least one special character (i.e. not a letter or number). Click register to continue the process.
Registration is confirmed by the system sending an email to you, with details to complete the registration process.
- Once the registration process is complete, you can sign in and review all investments open for tender.
1. The Applicant must be a single legal entity or recognised firm of partners.
2. The Applicant and any proposed subcontractor must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012.
3. The Applicant must hold a valid and satisfactory Statement of Tax Record (STR), have a receipt that a STR has been requested from the Australian Tax Office or obtain an STR if requested by GRDC. More information is available at the ATO website https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Bus/Statement-of-tax-record/#RegisteredwiththeATO. Tenderers must lodge their STRs and receipts with their application in the Grains Investment Portal.
4. A key requirement is the separation of Breeders’ breeding/release trials from NVT crop evaluation trials. Therefore, tender applicants must demonstrate, their independence from Breeders (private and public) in regard to:
b. Annual budget; and
The following relationships with Breeders may be permitted when disclosed in accordance with the Conditions of Tender:
1. Contractual arrangements with Breeders as long as, at GRDC’s sole discretion, they are assessed as not affecting the Tenderer's ability to provide independent varietal assessment for NVT.
2. The provision (by contract or convention) of expert advice in support of any Breeder in relation to pathology, crop physiology or analysis.
2020 to 2024
Tenderers must submit their responses electronically through the Grains Investment Portal at: https//access.grdc.com.au
For information on 'Applying' and how to register refer to the ATM details on the GRDC's Website
By Portal submission only at https://access.grdc.com.au/